We have a chess game set up in our bedroom and on each side are very special chairs that my aunt, Sharon, gave us. These two chairs were my grandmother, Enever Jaye's, first dining room chairs. They now sit in a very prominant place in front of our bow window. Brody always walks by and asks if he can play chess with me. I kept telling him when he gets older. Maybe he is old enough now.
I gave in a few weeks ago and started showing him a little at a time what each chess piece does and how they can move. Brody seemed to pick it up faster than I thought he would.
Today, Barrett asked to play and Brody said he would teach him!
It may be a while before Barrett is ready to play chess... or maybe sooner than I think!
1 comment:
I remember when we used to play chess. I don't think we really knew how, or did we?
Post a Comment