Friday, December 24, 2010

Men's Weekend in California

I invited my three sons to come on my next business trip to Redondo Beach, California and they agreed! I worked Monday through Thursday at Redondo Beach and they arrived on Wednesday night after this beautiful sunset...
Mike was a little tired from work and found the bed at the Portofino to be very comfortable!
Caleb checked his e-mail before bed and we all had a great night's sleep.  On Thursday I finished up at work teaching my class and then wrapped up all the post-class work.  I was back at the hotel by 3:30.  Mike, Caleb, and Tyler had been riding bikes along the beach and planning the next couple of days.
Mike watching the boats in the harbor from our balcony.  Great view of the boats right from our room.

We decided to eat at Redondo Beach Pier the first night, so we headed over to the Mexican food restaurant on the pier.  Tyler, Mike, and Caleb wait for me to take a photo.

Another beautiful sunset!
The Redondo Pier and harbor.
Redondo Pier at night.
Friday morning we walked across Pacific Coast Highway to a local favorite "Eat At Joe's". 

We had a fantastic breakfast at Eat at Joe's in Redondo Beach.  I highly recommend Eat at Joe's!
Walking back to the hotel.
The seals outside our hotel room balcony.
Next, we went on a bike ride along the beach until we were even with LAX.  We watched the planes take off over our heads.

Mike, Steve, and Caleb.
Mike, Tyler, and Caleb had to test the water - was it too cold to swim?
The water was just right!

1 comment:

Staci said...

I know they had tons of fun! Y'all will have to make it an annual tradition!