Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Kate and Collin - Walking to Bueno

Joan and I have company this week! Kate and Collin are spending the week with us while Julie and Lauren are on a mission trip to Africa with Let's Start Talking. We decided to go to Taco Bueno for supper but Kate suggested we walk instead of driving. Joan was over at GG's apartment visiting with her cousins, Susan and Art, so she wasn't around to offer a counter argument. I agreed as long as Kate would walk and the boys ride in the red wagon. So... off we went on a 100 degree afternoon with a stiff wind blowing in our faces.

Kate pulls the boys as we leave for Taco Bueno.

It's only about 2 or 3 miles to Taco Bueno but the last two blocks are up-hill!

Collin, Barrett, and Brody rode in the wagon all the way!
Kate did great! She walked the whole way and talked with me too! She also kept an eye on the boys in the wagon just in case anyone decided to mess around. The boys were great and I am not sure Barrett even moved from his middle seat the whole trip because...


Kate is a trooper!
... when we got to Taco Bueno and Barrett stood up he said "My legs don't work!" I think they went to sleep on him. Joan arrived just after I pulled the wagon into the restaurant. It was nice and cool inside and we scarfed up the food. The only thing left over were a few cinamon chips!


Brody, Collin, Barrett, Kate, and Steve with the wagon in Taco Bueno.

2 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

They will keep you young! What a good-looking group of kids, too. I know they think you are the best grandfather ever!

Ginger said...

You're brave taking that many kids out to eat! lol LOVE Barrett's shirt! :-)