I did not realize how quickly our grandchildren would start teaching us about life. When we kept 16 month old Brody for a week during the Kansas ice storm, he reminded me just how exciting the Moon is.
I remember when I was a child looking up at the moon and trying to see the "face" on the moon. Then in the 60's, the United States landed astronauts on the moon using the Lunar Module that was built by the company I would later work for as an adult. The Moon was an exciting place, a goal that mankind worked to achieve with whatever it took.
Year after year I would walk outside at night and marvel at the moon and then go about my business. During the week Brody was with us, the moon was full each night. Every time Brody would catch a glimpse of the Moon he would point and say "Mooonnn!" It was a delight to see his face light up.
Brody is already teaching us to remember how exciting discovery is. Even when you discover something you've seen night after night, year after year, like the bright object in the night sky! So when I saw the Moon shining over San Diego Friday night, I took this photo for Brody to share with you. Next time you see him ask him to say "Moooonnn!" and see if you catch his enthusiasm!
1 comment:
He still looks for the moon every night! One day at work I did a google image search of "moon" so that I could have a picture of a moon on my monitor for him (he wasn't believing me that it wasn't outside at the moment...so I just had to pull one up on my screen ;)
Post a Comment