Since Mike is sick in bed with a cold and fever, we asked Brody to spend the day with us. This was my Friday off and so I knew we could have some fun together.
I guess Brody felt an obligation to get some work done, because I went looking for him and he was in Staci's office at our house "working" on the computer.
I convinced Brody it would be fun to go shopping at Frys Electronics Store and off we went to spend the birthday gift from Tyler and Ann. Brody enjoyed riding fast in the shopping cart all over Frys. He is so much fun to talk to while you shop. He can repeat any word and comes up with some of the funniest things to say.
I just had to buy a Slinky and a water rocket for him along with the necessary PC supplies - Backup Software and UPS.
We left Frys and met up with Namaw (Joanie) at Kohls to help her buy clothes. Brody surprised Joan by finding her in the dressing room. He just walked into the dressing room areas calling out "Namaw" until we found the right one. (Joan was the only lady that recognized his voice and answered!)
All three of us piled into the Durango and went over to Burger King to eat and play. The playground there is fantastic. It must be 20 or 30 feet high! Brody climbed all through the tubes and at one point we thought he had just evaporated into thin air but he reappeared coming down a slide.
We came home and unloaded all the clothes and electronics, then went for a quick swim in the pool and Brody took a nap. After supper we popped popcorn and sat down to watch the Dallas Cowboys play the Houston Texans. The Cowbows won!
It was a very fun day with Brody that ended with a bedtime story about Chris the farmer. (Brody knows a real farmer named Chris in Kansas! So... he named the farmer that drives his toy tractor Chris.)
It took Brody a long time to fall asleep tonight. I guess that late nap kindof messed up his schedule. Maybe he will sleep late Saturday morning!
1 comment:
It was so cute when he called and asked if he could spend the night!
Post a Comment