Friday, January 22, 2010

Babysitting for Staci's Birthday

I was excited to wake up this morning because I get to babysit Brody and Barret today and they get to spend the night tonight.

We started the morning outside playing baseball, football, basketball, and frisbee. Barrett had high sports energy this morning and so did Brody.

All of a sudden Body dove into the vines in our front yard. He said they were very comfortable and he lay there for a few seconds before jumping up running about 30 feet away and then running back to the vines and jumping in again!




For lunch, I drove through the Taco Bueno drive through twice (the first time i ordered 2 Party Tacos for the kids instead of Party Burrittos.) The second time the line was 6 cars deep but I finally got the right food for the kids - my fault. I meant to say burrito instead of taco.

We took our food to a neat little park in a nearby town and even though it was windy we ate a picnic lunch.

Brody was wearing camo - so see if you can find him in the next photo.

We walked the creek as almost all boys want to do.



And Brody taught Barrett everything he knows about creeks.


Brody really enjoyed the play-ground and Barrett really enjoyed the statue of the little girl and her dog.

I thought Barret was just needing a nap but later I found out he was coming down with a virus and had a fever. That must be why he wouldn't play. Barrett just wanted to sit still in the shade.



Brody found a friend named Jacob. To get the full effect of these next two photos you must click on them and study how Brody and Jacob are coming down the slide.

Brody was almost riding his new friend Jacob's back down the slide!, laughing all the way.

Barrett could not wait to get into his crib. He has a viral infection and we hope he feels better in the morning. Joan took him to the doctor today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless his little heart. It looked like you had lots of fun with the boys. Bring back memories? I sure hope Barrett feels better today. Brody sounded so grownup on the phone yesterday. Wish I had been here to take the call. Had to go get my ears and hearing aids cleaned

Leave It To Davis said...

lol, Steve! That sounds like something I would do...get tacos instead of burritos, and then the kids refusing to eat them because they don't like them, and me having to buy more food! It's nice to know I am not the only one that does that kind of thing!!! Poor little Barrett! We're blowing you get-well kisses!!

Ann Hastings said...

These pictures are adorable- I love the ones of the boys holding hands!!! Looks like y'all had a great time together!

Paula said...

Ya'll are grandparents extraordinaire!!! Not sure I would go through the drive-through twice. But then, I've never had a grandson ask me to do that...so, who knows?