Sunday, January 3, 2010

Spring of 1999 - We first met Mike!

I spent some time today looking back at the photos of the first time Joan and I met Mike. Now Mike is a very important part of our family and looking back on that first meeting I see that we could tell Mike was going to be a perfect husband for Staci.


I remember the boys took a liking to Mike right from the start.


Staci felt more in love than the young woman on the Titanic!


Staci was so excited to introduce Mike to her family!



I remember Staci telling us she had found "The One for her!" and it was fun to see their young love developing.


Staci is not one to cover up how she feels is she?


Tyler tried out his "dad" expression on Mike. I wonder if Mike felt threatened?


Of course, Mike won us all over when he went hiking with us!



He even helped Staci with her summer job a time or two - teaching swimming lessons! What a sacrifice!


Staci saw something very special about Mike and she was right!


I was very impressed with the way Mike so quickly became a part of our family.


The smile on Joan's face tells it all!


Mike we are so glad you and Staci met and we love you so much! Thank you for being such a great husband to Staci, father to Brody and Barrett, brother-in-law to Caleb, Audria, Tyler, and Ann, and son-in-law! It was great looking back at this momentus day in our family's history!!!

5 comments:

Staci said...

I'm so glad that I met Mike! God couldn't have given me a better partner for life.

megan said...

I love all these pictures!

GG said...

Mike has been a wonderful addition to our family. I am so glad that he came into Staci's life, and is the father of my two precious great grandsons. Those are two lucky little boys to have such wonderful parents. Enjoyed the pictures

Ann Hastings said...

I agree- I thank God that Mike is a part of our family.
I LOVE the picture of Tyler- too cute, I hadn't seen most of those pictures before- thanks for sharing!

Leave It To Davis said...

wow, Staci, what a pose with Mike for the swimming instructions! You never looked happier.....and you just keep on smiling. That's how we know Mike has been good for you! We love you, Mike, for keeping Staci supplied with love and affection for ten years! (Steve, we have all changed so much in ten years, haven't we?)