Thursday, July 8, 2010

Landfill Time with Brody

Brody called me on Saturday morning to see if he could go with me to the Landfill (Dump) to dispose of a bunch of cinder blocks that we found buried in our new house's garden area.  I was very happy to have the company!  Brody was all smiles as we loaded up the trailer and headed to the dump.  He was a little concerned that it was all the way across town.  He was thrilled when we passed by the Cowboys' Stadium. 

Once we made it through the gate Brody asked if he could take pictures with my camera.  He took the next two photos in this blog entry plus a bunch that I deleted - like closeups of dirt and rocks.  He actually took some good photos though.  Let me know what you think about his photography and I'll pass it on to Brody.
This is Daddy Steve coming back to get more cinder blocks to throw on the concrete pile at the dump.
This is Daddy Steve loading up the free compost and mulch at the dump.  (photo by Brody)
Brody and Steve unloading the mulch and compost at our house.  We were filling in the garden where we removed the cinder blocks!

5 comments:

Staci said...

He did a good job with the camera! I like the action shot of you walking to get more cinder blocks. Pretty good to have you framed in the middle of the picture...while you were walking!

GG said...

Brody, you are a good photographer. I know you were a lot of help to Daddy Steve on this trip to the dump.

Leave It To Davis said...

Like granddad, like grandson! Great job Brody! (you are brave, Steve, to trust him to hold the camera and take pictures unassisted....I would have been afraid he might drop the camera accidentally.) And, wow! Isn't he growing????!!! He is getting so big now! Have you been miracle growing him while working in your yard?

Steve and Joan said...

At one point Brody did say "Daddy Steve I think I dropped the camera out of the window of the Durango... oh... here it is in the seat!"

Ann Hastings said...

WOW, well we know he sure has some Hastings in him... look at how good he was taking pictures :)