We convened early in the morning and scoped out the perfect area for the playset.
Joan spent 2 hours Friday night organizing all the hardware. She put the screws, bolts, and other hardware in baggies and labeled them for us. Boy did that make all the difference in the world!
The playset comes in three giant boxes!
Mike and Caleb worked on the picnic table while Barrett, Brody, and I worked on the climbing wall.
Mike and Caleb moved to the backyard and began building the tower while I went to Lowes to buy mulch to put under the playset.
Brody was very anxious to get it finished. I knew it would be hard for them to wait 3 weeks! We surely could get it done quicker with all the help I had!
Audria, Barrett, and Brody leveled the ground...
We all picked up the playhouse and moved it over under the tree. Then I realized some of the dead limbs were in the way so I climbed up and trimmed a few limbs.
Did I mention we were doing all this during a heat wave?
Caleb and Mike attached the roof. It's big enough inside for them to stand up straight!
We finished the swings and Audria helped the boys try it out.
They couldn't wait for us to get the slide in place, so Audria helped them do some free sliding.
Mike is preparing to install the slide. Notice the mister and the fan trying to keep us cool.
Mike discovered we have a possum family in our backyard living under the platform the chair swing sits on.
I really appreciated all the help from Mike, Caleb, Audria, Tyler, Joan, Brody, and Barrett! It was a real team effort!
3 comments:
What cute little baby possum.
Barrett and Brody are lucky to have so many people who love them so much that they would risk getting heat stroke to get them a swingset built. Someday, maybe they will return the favor when all of you are too old to build things for yourself.
I still can't believe that there were possums!!!
That playset is SO cool-good job everyone who helped!
They are loving the playset! I know that all the future grandkids will be so glad that y'all built this!
Post a Comment