Saturday, March 10, 2007

Singing Oldies on K96 (That's a Highway in Kansas!)

You should hear Joan singing "Mississippi Queen" while driving down the Kansas Turnpike or K96. It was so much fun. Usually I'm the one singing, but we found an "Oldies" station once we got to Kansas. Joan started driving around 10 p.m. with a lightning storm way off on the horizon. She tuned into the oldies station and started guessing who the artists were. She was doing really good guessing the artists - Three Dog Night; Simon and Garfunkle; Beatles; and others.

I've got to pause in my blogging to let you all know that Joan and Staci are sitting on the couch laughing histerically. I think Joan's tickle box is turned over.

We made it to Kansas at around 1 a.m., woke Staci up from her slumber on the couch, and then we went to bed. We didn't get to see Brody or Mike cause they were already asleep.

I'll tell you about Friday and Saturday in the next post!

2 comments:

Ledbetter Fam said...

I'm glad that you guys had fun with Mike, Staci, and Brody!

JB

Staci said...

It wasn't even that late! I think it was her lack of sleep from driving all night on Thursday night ;)