Happy the Penguin came to our house for short visit, just 30 days. During that time Brody really enjoyed having a new friend!

You see... Happy is an award from my boss at work for doing a good job. After reading a book called "Our Iceberg is Melting" - about handling change at work, our boss began handing out small plastic penguins as awards. She keeps one big stuffed penguin to send to someone each month who did an extraordinary job. Happy meant so much to Brody that the award was enhanced greatly for me!
Now it's time to send Happy back so he can be awarded to the next person but Brody now has three books about penguins we can read to him. I think Happy had fun with Brody!

You see... Happy is an award from my boss at work for doing a good job. After reading a book called "Our Iceberg is Melting" - about handling change at work, our boss began handing out small plastic penguins as awards. She keeps one big stuffed penguin to send to someone each month who did an extraordinary job. Happy meant so much to Brody that the award was enhanced greatly for me!
Now it's time to send Happy back so he can be awarded to the next person but Brody now has three books about penguins we can read to him. I think Happy had fun with Brody!
4 comments:
Cool collage!! Brody will really miss Happy.
Looks like Happy had a blast with you and Brody in Texas, Steve. Way to go - it took hard work to earn him and you deserved him! :) Looking foward to working with you in California next week - I hope I get to meet Joan while she's in town. Safe travels! ~ Laura
Wow, Steve...Happy sure got around! He might want you to be his permanent agent! I must echo Laura, you sure earned that time with Happy...and isn't it just your way to translate Happy's presence into a learning opportunity with Brody! Ever the ambassador!
Congratulations again...somehow I think Happy will find his way back to Texas for a reunion someday. :-)
- Gretchen
Steve,
Looks like Happy had a great time in TX---thanks for sharing the pictures with us!
Laura Cassidy
Post a Comment