Thursday, September 2, 2010

Redondo Beach Trip

I always enjoy traveling to Redondo Beach, California to teach.  Even though I work long hours while I'm there I am fortunate enough to stay in a hotel right on the harbor.  During the evenings I will usually take a walk to get something to eat at the nearby pier and then return to my hotel room to prepare for the next day.

This was the view from my balcony this trip...
One night I looked out to see a beautiful "moonrise"...
One night I took a walk at sunset and admired the clear sky sunset...
Another evening I walked over to the pier to watch a free concert and stopped to admire the sailboats in the harbor...

You can't tell it but it was very chilly on the pier as we watched the concert.  The guitarists was excellent!
I
It was such a pleasant evening.  Take a look at the next few photos and imagine how peaceful I felt after this walk.  Of course when I got back to the hotel I worked until 2 a.m. getting ready for the next day teaching.  It was worth it!



As my flight took off from Los Angeles we broke through the marine layer of fog and this was what I saw...
We taught a class full of almost 30 leaders and then got to tour the F/18 factory. I got back home on Friday just before midnight. It's good to be home!

2 comments:

Staci said...

Glad you had a good trip! We're also glad you're home...we missed you!

Ann Hastings said...

Glad your trip was great- the pictures are beautiful!