Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The IRS,Joan, and Grandmommy on the TV News?

Joan got up early this morning and left for a Chamber of Commerce meeting. She was one of the speakers at the Chamber meeting and did an excellent job. She is an excellent speaker. Joan said she got a big laugh with a play on words during her talk. She was giving tips about income tax, one of her CPA specialties, when she held up two signs containing words that many people don't like. One sign said "THE" and the other said "IRS". She said, "Do you know what you get when you put these two words together?" Then she moved the signs together to form one word - "THEIRS". I bet the chuckles were tinged with a bit of nervousness.


I am very proud of Joanie. She is so good at everything she does. You should have tasted that two bean soup yesterday! Even when we are fasting from meat, sugar, and other things she still finds a way to make vegetables and beans taste like a full meal. And ask the kids sometime who is one of the best school counselors around... Joan! And just listen to her laugh sometime and you can't help but be happy. It is great being married to Joan!


Is That Grandmommy on the News?!?!?!?!


We were watching the news tonight and we saw this picture and Joan said, "That looks like JoFaye!" So I backed up the DVR and sure enough there she was! I wonder where she was when they took this photo of her? (We'll have to see if Grandmommy thinks this is her or not.) You be the judge if it looks like her!

It is getting cold! It is already down to 33 degrees and dropping further tonight.




We continue studying today from Matthew aboutThe Wise and Foolish Builders:


Matthew 7:24 "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

4 comments:

Staci said...

LOL! Looks like her...a few years ago when she still had her old hairstyle ;)

Staci said...

Oh...I also wanted to say that I was laughing at Mom's IRS joke ;)

Ledbetter Fam said...

I don't even see her that often, and I think it looks like her. How funny!

JB

Anonymous said...

Gotta be her!